Tuesday 10 November 2009

A New Experience!

Early Beginnings
Back in March 2009 I decided to start a new venture selling modest clothes to the modern woman. The idea came about after a trip to Israel and after hearing my wife and her friends bemoan that there are no good cheap places to get kosher clothes in this country.

I started by searching for wholesale suppliers. If you are careful, you can pick and choose between them to find tops with long sleeves and high necks and skirts that flow below the knee. I ordered carefully a scant few items and set up my new web site. A few weeks later, after getting Google Checkout set up I was ready to go! As it happens, I now know that the early stock that I purchased was all wrong. Eight months later, I still have have quite a lot of it left and am trying to clear it at a bargain basement price. We do genuinely need the space as Lisa is insisting that I clear the spare room out.

Most of the older history can be found on the website blog from failed ventures to Indian manufacturers to the success and failure of advertising campaigns. As it happens, the best advertising for me was online and most definitely not on paper. A huge advert in the Hamodia failed to get any interest at all, whereas a small advert on EdgewareK gained a lot of followers. All of the new stuff will be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment