Tuesday 24 November 2009

Web Site Re-Jig + Dissapointment

I have given the website a spring clean. Make-up is gone. If you would like to purchase any then please contact me direct as we can still get hold of it to order. I have split the departments into sale and non-sale to make searching a bit clearer. It also makes the departments a bit smaller. Some of the non selling non stocked items have now gone. The Childrens and Babies section will go soon as well. I give it one more week, as despite people asking for kids clothes, I have only made 2 sales from that category, both to the same person!!! I have got some nice things for Tashi though, so it hasn't all been bad :-)

What can I do to get people interested in this blog? Despite sending out email-shots and adding it to my facebook group, nobody has joined this blog except my wife and my mum. That's quite sad really!!!

What can I do to sell anything? Recent adverts in EdgwereK, previously a good earner, resulted in 1 sale. An advert in ManchesterK, slightly less tried and tested, so far resulted in 50 views on my website, which is quite good, but no inquiries and no sales. An advert in London Jewish Shopper the other week, a subscription email advertiser, resulted in 2 sales, 1 of which asked for a refund.

I might put the website on hold for the winter and come out all guns a-blazing in the spring. A shame really as I have purchased in bulk when placing orders with my wholesalers and now have stock of everything. Perfect timing just as everyone stopped buying things!!!

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment